Slip & Fall And Trip & Fall Accidents

Best Law Firm

Slip and fall or trip and fall accidents occur when a person slips, trips or falls, and is injured on property owned by an individual, company or a government body. Property owners can be held legally responsible for injuries sustained by persons who have fallen on their property, and can be sued for damages, including damages for pain and suffering, medical and rehabilitation expenses, or lost income.


In Ontario, all property owners have an obligation to keep their properties reasonably safe for individuals legally attending their property. That obligation comes from the Occupiers’ Liability Act, which states that:

“An occupier of premises owes a duty to take such care as in all the circumstances of the case is reasonable to see that persons entering on the premises, and the property brought on the premises by those persons are reasonably safe while on the premises.”

Individuals who have suffered from a trip and fall or slip and fall accident should be aware of certain rules and timelines that apply to bringing a claim against a property owner. For instance, different rules may apply for government-owned property compared to privately-owned property because of provisions that diazepam online protect government entities. For example, if your fall took place on city property, you must provide written notice to the city within 10 days of the incident. We will help guide you through the system and ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.

Contact Lancaster Chown & Welch LLP to get started on your free one-hour consultation. Our lawyers practice strictly personal injury law for individuals to recover damages for injuries and losses suffered as a result of motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, dog bites and many other areas, all of which are listed on our site.